Many people who own an iPhone decide that, although it is a very powerful device, it isn’t enough. They may want to have more control over their phone or simply go against the major corporate giants that dictate what they can and cannot do on their personal device. However, it is not always the best decision to jailbreak an iPhone and there are quite a few reasons why you should seriously reconsider jailbreaking your iPhone if it has ever crossed your mind.
1. Apple places restrictions on the device for a reason. Although it does not always make sense, Apple does make the device and as a result they know what the device is intended and not created to do. One of the features so many people wanted is multi tasking for the device but it wasn’t implemented because it would kill the battery life much faster than the phone already did.
2. The possibility of bricking your iPhone exists. This means that the device will completely stop working and there will be no support offered by Apple to fix it because what you were doing was not supported or condoned by the company. You may also risk complications or problems with conflicting issues. Many people feel that the risk of ruining the device is not worth jailbreaking it since the iPhone does work on its own without any extra tweaking needed.
3. Updates to the iPhone disable the ability to jailbreak it. Apple is very smart and their developers do study how the phone has been modified. Every time the update happens, individuals who have done a jail break on their phone have to discover, yet again, how to crack Apple’s code in order to jail break it again. It can be quite tedious to have to modify your phone every time an update occurs. You also risk bricking your phone every single time a jail break is needed.
4. You become susceptible to viruses when you decide to jail break your iPhone. Although viruses are not very widespread on the iPhone the possibility of you getting one is there and this risk increases once the phone has been modified. Apple is obviously not going to be able to create a phone that is 100% secure but in the history of existing, the iPhone’s two reported viruses occurred as a result of phones being jail broken.
5. Your warranty becomes null and void once you decide to jail break the iPhone. The professionals who handle the phones can tell if it has been modified and once it has been detected, you are out of luck if you want to get it fixed. This is a serious risk you take when it comes to the chance that you may end up bricking your iPhone. It is quite a risk that individuals who are cautious in their lives may not want to take.
Jail breaking the iPhone is something that is very popular and offers a lot more control over the device but it not the best choice for everyone.