Redlands, CA – June 3, 2010 – 777 Studios is proud to announce that the award-winning WWI flight-simulation Rise of Flight is back and it’s bigger and better than ever with Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition! It will be releasedin North America in boxed form on June 29th, 2010. Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition will be available at major PC game retailers such as GoGamer.com, Amazon.com, Fry’s Electronics and others to be named soon. It will be distributed by CompuExpert. The MSRP is $49.99.
Greatly Improved with Double the Amount of Aircraft!
Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition bring intense WWI aerial-combat to your computer like never before and comes chalk full of new features, loads of new content and numerous game play improvements such as two new modes of Multiplayer. ROF:ICE also comes with twice the flyable aircraft than the original release (a $40 value if bought separately) and twice the total amount of A.I. aircraft! You now have the ability to fly eight legendary WWI fighter planes alongside or against eleven other beautifully rendered aircraft including scouts, fighters, bombers and recon planes. Fly the Spad XIII, Fokker D.VII, Albatros D.Va, Nieuport 28, SE.5a, Pfalz D.IIIa, Sopwith Camel and famous Fokker Dr.1 triplane into aerial combat over the Western Front. It’s never been a better time to pick up the most realistic WWI Flight-simulation ever created and take to the virtual skies!
Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition includes the following new or enhanced features:
- Pre-Order Bonus! Additional Free Aircraft. (Nieuport 17 or Albatros D.III)
- Exclusive! Updated and Printed Combat Theatre Map and Awards Poster. – Bonus! Official Skin-Pack featuring hundreds of historically accurate paintjobs included. No need to download.
- Multiplayer Dogfight Mode with re-spawn capability with support up to 64 players. – Quick Mission Builder. Quickly create custom combat scenarios in seconds. – Offline Mode. Now fly Single-Player Missions, Campaigns and Quick Missions without the need for an internet connection.
- Two Scripted Campaigns – “Hat in the Ring” and “Du Doch Nicht” Both Campaigns feature new Awards and Medals you can win.
- Mission Recorder and Playback system. Save and re-live your best dogfighting moments.
- In-game Product Registration makes initial set up and account creation much simpler. – Winter Terrain textures with snowflakes.- G-Effects with blackout and red out and pilot wound effects featuring blood splatter, ringing ears and control difficulty.- Two original terrain maps for custom mission creation and multiplayer matches.- Support for Custom Skins including custom Skin Viewer tool. – Enhanced Graphics featuring High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting, updated cloud layers with ultra-realistic looking rain-drops.- Realistic wind and turbulence patterns that interacts with smoke and functioning, realistic windsocks at airfields.
- Fully adjustable and customizable controller options including custom Joystick curves.
Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition still includes all the features which made the original an award winner, such as a helpful Training Campaign, advanced flight-model, complex physics engine, progressive damage model, powerful Mission Editor and adjustable difficulty settings. And don’t forget the gorgeous graphics, awesome special effects, beautiful 3D models, detailed terrain and challenging Artificial Intelligence. Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition has something for every flight-simulation fan, from single player campaigns to multiplayer dogfights, but one thing is for certain, the aerial combat is intense and brutal. Come join the fight above the trenches!
Still Just the Beginning
Plans to further expand the Rise of Flight experience in the coming months with more flyable aircraft in our online store are well under way. Multi-engine bombers, two-seat recon planes and other new enhancements and features are also in the works.
A New Chapter
Jason Williams, President of 777 Studios, had this to say about Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition, “ROF:ICE is more than the culmination of twelve month’s worth of hard work by the dedicated ROF Team. It’s a turning point in the history of the next great flight-simulation franchise. This edition is light-years the original release in terms of features, content and stability. The development team has created something very special and unique for the flight-simulation fan. They should be congratulated and I hope they have earned your support. The Rise of Flight community should also be thanked for their unwavering support and dedication to this unique and resurgent PC gaming genre.”
On June 11th a new Demo for Rise of Flight will be released to the public. The new Demo will include two flyable aircraft, the Spad XIII and the Albatros D.Va. It will include 1 Single Player Offline mission per plane, but will include full-access to both modes of Multiplayer for 14 days.
E3 Show 2010
Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition will be on display at E3 in the CompuExpert booth (Booth #629 South Hall) June 15-17, 2010. If you’re at the show stop on by.
For further information or questions please contact: